This programme has been developed to meet the needs of agencies and ministries responsible for attracting, retaining, and growing Foreign Direct Investment. It is delivered by former Practitioners from IDA Ireland who are recognised for their vast experience in all aspects of investment promotion.
To gain the attention and interest of potential investors, countries need to adopt and utilize methodologies and techniques employed by the most successful Investment Promotion Agencies globally. This programme represents an opportunity to increase knowledge of international best practice with the aim of assisting participants to develop and implement new strategies to attract investment and promote job creation.
Modules and themes covered will include:
- Global and Corporate Trends in Foreign Direct Investment
- Marketing, Branding and Lead Generation
- Incentives and Innovation
- Aftercare, Targeting and Tracking
- Indigenous SME Business Development and Linkage
- Project Appraisal and Management
- Business Parks and Cluster Development
- Tourism Development
- Role of Free and Special Economic Zones
- To develop a more focused strategy for successful FDI attraction
- To develop techniques to create linkages between indigenous SMEs and Multinational companies
- To address the key challenges of how to create job opportunities in an increasing challenging world
- To understand the wider role of Economic Development
The language of the programme will be English
12th - 16th October 2020
Closing Date for Applications:
1st September 2020
VISA APPLICATION (MINIMUM 4 WEEKS IN ADVANCE)
Where Visas are required, participants must secure Irish Visas from the relevant Embassies in their country before departure.