Vacancy: Junior Non-Key Expert for Project Preparation
Project title: Technical Assistance Project for the Implementation of the Support to Rural and Regional Development (SRRD) Programme
Duration: 13 Months (November 2019 – December 2020)
Deadline: 29th August 2019, 16.00 Baku time.
This vacancy is in our team working on the EU-funded Technical Assistance Project for the Support to Rural and Regional Development (SRRD) Programme in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The project is contributing to the diversification of the economy in Azerbaijan and consists of a number of long-term experts and short-term specialists. The team are providing capacity building services to the Ministry of Economy (MoE) on the preparation of regional development plans.
The project is implemented by an International Development Ireland led consortium and funded by the European Union.
Under the overall co-ordination of the Project Team Leader, the Junior Non-Key Long-term Expert shall work with the Horticultural Specialist and the Infrastructure Planning Expert to implement the following activities:
- Organize and deliver training on project preparation development.
- Support the organisation of study visits for the Department for Entrepreneurship Development and other related staff of the MoE to acquire first-hand knowledge of Regional Economic Development in the EU or in another relevant country.
- Review the business environment including legislative framework on specialization relevant for project preparation.
- Review institutional mechanisms and infrastructure for public service delivery (national, regional, & local) in relation to Regional Economic Development
- Stakeholder analysis and organisational proposals for improvements of the agriculture support facilities in selected districts.
- Support in designing territorial development plans, including requirements for improvement of government services, technical advice requirements, investments and financing needs, and organisational aspects; and the development of associated ventures by small farmers, especially marketing and processing cooperatives.
- Work on the project database and the appraisals for potential public and agriculture infrastructure support projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree with extensive economic business experience.
- Fluent in English.
General Professional Experience
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience in economic analysis and data collection.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in supporting strategy development processes and territorial development planning.
- Experience working on EU projects
Specific Professional Experience (in a relevant field)
- 1 - 3 years of specific experience in rural and community development projects.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in communication with high level officials and executive powers from the region.
- Project preparation certificate is an advantage.
Place of work:
Baku and Sheki Zagatala economic region, with possible travel to other districts.
Please send a letter of motivation (one page only) and CV by e-mail to a.sindikidi.ie