Vacancy: Junior Non-Key Expert for Strategy Building
Project title: Technical Assistance Project for the Implementation of the Support to Rural and Regional Development (SRRD) Programme
Duration:18 months (September 2019 – February 2021)
Deadline: 29th August 2019, 16.00 Baku time.
This vacancy is in our team working on the EU-funded Technical Assistance Project for the Support to Rural and Regional Development (SRRD) Programme in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The project is contributing to the diversification of the economy in Azerbaijan and consists of a number of long-term experts and short-term specialists. The team are providing capacity building services to the Ministry of Economy (MoE) on the preparation of regional development plans.
The project is implemented by an International Development Ireland led consortium and funded by the European Union.
Under the overall co-ordination of the Project Team Leader, the Junior Non-Key Long-Term Expert shall work with the Horticultural Specialist and the Project Preparation Expert to implement the following activities:
- To collect all relevant statistical data for assessment of the current situation in the districts where territorial planning will be developed (Balakan, Gakh, Gabala, Oghuz, Sheki, Zagatala).
- To collect and process available data and information in all districts from sources including The Scientific Research Institute for Economic Reforms, The State Statistics Committee and all other relevant and reliable institutions.
- To deliver comprehensive analysis of the current situation in all the relevant districts.
- To support the team in conducting thematic working group exercises with relevant stakeholders.
- To review the business environment including legislative frameworks.
- To review institutional mechanisms/infrastructure for public service delivery (national, regional / rayon, local) related to Regional Economic Development.
- To work on the project database and appraisals for potential public and agricultural infrastructure support projects.
- To assess the current available credit and financing mechanisms, and to thier identify limits and gaps, but also opportunities for small farmers and other operators.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree with extensive economic business experience.
- Fluent in English.
General Professional Experience
- 3 years of professional experience in economic analysis and data collection.
- 2 years of experience in supporting strategy development process and in territorial development planning.
- Experience working in at least three EU financed TA projects.
Specific Professional Experience (in a relevant field)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communication with high level officials and executive powers in the region.
- Minimum of 3 years of specific experience in rural and community development projects.
- Experience of data collection and synthesis analysis reports for EU projects.
- At least three samples of statistical data analysis done directly by the expert.
Place of work:
Baku and Sheki Zagatala economic region, with possible travel to other districts.
Please send a letter of motivation (one page only) and CV by e-mail to a.sindikidi.ie