IDI was contracted to work alongside counterparts in an Export Promotion Agency in the Middle East to develop and implement a system to assess the export readiness of their company base, develop a segmentation model, and roll out new service offerings to clients.
As part of the assignment the team undertook a benchmark study of good international practices in company export readiness assessment, both online and face to face.
Once completed, the initial project was extended to continue the work of assessing the export readiness for the Export Promotion Agency’s company base. Over a 24-month period, the Export Promotion Agency, with the assistance of IDI, met over 200 companies gathering key information and summarizing it in tailored client reports.
– Improved the operating model for In-depth export company assessment
– Conducted face-to-face assessments with priority clients
– Updated and maintained the CRM system
– Provided advice to the department responsible for grants and financial incentives
– Developed an account management model and manual
– Delivered on-going mentoring and knowledge transfer interventions to the Export Promotion Agency’s counterparts.