The objective of the project was to develop a roadmap and strategy to encourage SMEs to take advantage of commercial opportunities in the national date sector.
The dates sector depends on SMEs throughout the different stages of its value chain which faces a number of challenges and opportunities.
As part of the project IDI;
– Studied the palm and date sector, which included a definition of the direct value chain
– Studied the investment opportunities for SMEs in the date sector
– Identified the technological solutions, methods and applications that could help increase the efficiency and measurement of performance for SMEs in the sector.
– Defined the strategies to be implemented to exploit the opportunities for SMEs
– Value chain methodology template for SME involvement in horticulture
– Detailed opportunities database
– Opportunities calculator
– SME marketing material
– Three-year action plan and roadmap
– Stakeholders and market players contact list